A transit-time ultrasonic flow meter designed to measure the thermal energy flow rate and totalized energy consumption in liquid heating and cooling applications including HVAC, office buildings, large condominium or apartment developments, solar thermal heating and geothermal. Non-intrusive clamp-on ultrasonic sensor technology makes for easy and economical installation.
The Model 205 Thermal Energy/BTU Meter offers high accuracy (+/-0.5% of reading) enabling custody transfer of thermal energy. Built-in totalizers and data loggers are used to record daily, monthly and yearly totalized energy usage and report total energy used. These functions make it easy to account for energy usage and accurately allocate costs to end users. A built-in SD card and a supplied data-analysis and graphing program allows for easy storage and analysis of collected data.
Unique Product Features:
- Accuracy of +/- 0.5% of reading
- Calculates the thermal energy flow rate in user-defined units (BTU/hr or KJoules/hr for example)
- Includes two PT100 resistance temperature detectors (RTD’s) for measuring inlet and outlet temperature (either clamp-on or insertion style)
- Bi-directional flow range of 0.0 to 40 fps liquids (0-12 mps)
- Built-in totalizers record daily, monthly and yearly totalized energy usage
- Built-in SD card and supplied data-analysis and graphing program allows for easy analysis of collected data for billing purposes