The Sierra Vortex Meter provides a direct reading of mass flow rate from a single entry point in the process line and provides analog and digital outputs of five process variables: mass flow rate, volumetric flow rate, temperature, pressure, and fluid density. The ability to sense all process conditions in a single location greatly improves measurement accuracy of this flowmeter and eliminates the costly requirement for additional line penetrations associated with traditional mass flow measurement systems.
The sophisticated on-board flow computer inside the steam vortex flow meter also incorporates AGA-8 algorithms for natural gas measurement to reduce billing and contract disputes. The multivariable meters’ smart electronics provide access to all measured variables and programming menus, and permit field-configuration directly from the flow meter control panel or workstation via RS485, MODBUS or HART protocols
Unique Product Features:
- Compact, low cost alternative to Coriolis meters
- Read five process variables with a single installed device
- Mass & Volumetric flow monitoring of most gases, liquids and steam
- 1% rate accuracy (liquids) or 0.7% for gases over a 30:1 turndown.
- Built in flow computer and many configuration posibillities
- Fully field configurable
- No moving parts, very reliable.
- Active loop, Loop powered, MODBUS and HART output available
- Optional BTU measurement for steam and water